Our aim is to ensure that nannies and babysitters provided by Butterfly Nannies have been vetted to the highest possible standards.
In order to achieve this, as a Nanny, Childcare, Babysitting agency we guarantee that each candidate will have undergone a thorough personal and biographical interview, by an experienced interviewer.
The interview process consists of
- Completing a detailed application form prior to interview
- Examples of activities, and weekly menu planning
- Discussing with the candidate, their background and personal circumstances
- Ascertaining a candidates level of childcare development and experience
- Finding out what motivates a candidate
- Checking and verifying all original documentation
- Discussing gaps in employment history
- Listening to how candidates speak and talk about their employers
- Discovering what makes them in their view, better than other candidates
- Providing advice on CRB checks
- Providing advice on how best to present their experience
- Ascertaining the candidates first aid knowledge
- Counselling and advising on next stages in a candidate’s career development, which can include going back to college!
Reference checking is the backbone of our process, it is extremely important to us that we personally speak to a minimum of 2 referees covering at least the last three years of work history – as a minimum we will take up all necessary references to cover this period.
Having ascertained your requirements, the real test comes in transposing this into reality and providing you with a shortlist of suitable candidates for you to interview. Once we have achieved this, you have the opportunity to meet the candidates, typically this takes place in your home setting.